James William Arlt
ROAP will offer an 8 hour online continuing education class for accredited officials beginning October 1, 2018. Participants will have until 12/31/2018 to complete the sessions. The fee for the course is $80 payable through PayPal link below or by mailing a check to the ROAP office. Please register via the link below.
There will be a ROAP Certificate course in Louisville on June 21-22 (University of Louisville’s Shelby Campus and Churchill Downs). This course is an entry level course open to anyone and is geared toward those interested in becoming a racing official or just wants to learn more about the racing office. The cost to participate is $25 which includes lunch on one day.
The course is scheduled to run from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm on Tuesday, June 21 and 8:30 am - 12:00 pm on Wednesday, June 22. A lunch will be provided on Tuesday.
Tuesday, June 21 (U of L's Shelby Campus - Founders Union Building, Room 6)
8:30 – 12:30
· Introduction to ROAP
· ROAP DVD
· Safety initiatives / best practices
· Rules of Racing and procedures for reporting violations
· Begin review of racing official positions/duties
12:30 – 1:00 Boxed lunch
1:00 – 5:00
· InCompass RTO Training
· Continued review of racing official positions/duties
· Prohibited practices
· Addiction education and alcohol / drug related procedures
· Public speaking, in the context of a commission hearing
Wednesday, June 22 (Churchill Downs, racing office)
8:30 - 12:00
· Meet at Churchill Downs for shadowing racing office
- Observe entries, run down, proofs, filling the card, draw (if possible)
If you would like to pay via credit card, please use the PayPal link below. Otherwise bring payment on the first day of class.
If you mention that you are attending a conference at the University of Louisville Event and Conference center you will generally get a preferred rate
**PLEASE NOTE: References are not required for registration of this course. Thank you