Heriberto (Eddie) Arroyo
There will be a 16 hour continuing education seminar for accredited officials at The Country Inn & Suites at Delta Park which is directly next to Portland Meadows Racetrack on March 19-20, 2018. More details to follow. Contact Mike Twiggs at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and register below to receive updates when they become availabile. The registration form can be found here.
International Harmonization of Raceday Rules Committee Meeting in Washington, DC
The Racing Officials Accreditation Program is excited to host the 2016 ROAP Conference on Officiating Horse Racing in conjunction with the University of Arizona Race Track Industry Program's Global Symposium on Racing and Gaming. The eight hour conference will be held on Monday, December 5 at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in Tucson, Arizona and will be eligible for eight (8) hours of ROAP Continuing Education credits. The conference will feature two half-day panels and a luncheon with the keynote speaker. Cost of the conference is $75.00 to attend. Agenda and registration details below. Discounts may be available for the RTIP Symposium as well.
- International Sound on steward and judges stand video monitors and camera control panels to evaluate the race and observe pre- and post-race activities;
- The Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau on monitoring wagering integrity with Curtis Linnell, VP of Wagering Analysis;
- The Racing Medication & Testing Consortium on regulation & research on permitted medication & prohibited substances with Alex Waldrop, RMTC chairman & NTRA president;
- InCompass Solutions on Race Track Operations system programs & reports;
- The Association of Racing Commissioners International on licensing system and historical rulings database; and
- Equibase on race charts and racing programs.
- Tracks – Scott Wells, president of Remington Park and Lone Star Park;
- Veterinarians – Dr. Mary Scollay, Kentucky Horse Racing Commission equine medical director;
- Handicappers – Judy Wagner, 2001 winner of DRF/NTRA National Handicapping Championships & current chair of ARCI & the Louisiana Racing Commission;
- Janet Van Bebber, AQHA Chief Racing Officer & former leading American Quarter Horse trainer;
- Racing Commissions;
- Owners & breeders of Thoroughbreds & Standardbreds; and
- Leading Trainers
Check and/or money order is also accepted payable to ROAP and mailed to ROAP, 821 Corporate Drive, Lexington, KY 40503
The University of Louisville will conduct a 16 hour continuing education seminar for officials on November 14-15. Details to follow. Please register below to receive updates as they become available.
The payment portal is now available for the November CE at Louisville http://louisville.edu/business/payments/equine
International Harmonization of Raceday Rules Committee