The Texas Racing Commission (TxRC) is utilizing this Request for Qualifications (RFQ) to establish a blanket purchase order not to exceed $45,000. The contractor will be paid a rate of $40.00 per hour for Racetrack Steward/Judge (Class 958-81) within the State of Texas. TxRC intends to make an award to two (2) qualified vendors. Contract will not exceed $45,000. The racetrack locations where the services are to be performed include Lone Star in Grand Prairie, Tx and Sam Houston Race Park in Houston, Tx.
The initial term of the contract shall be from October 8, 2021 to August 31, 2022.
To be considered for evaluation, respondents must submit:
1)Request for Qualifications (RFQ) Document, Parts I & II completed, including signature.
2)Proposal to include:
a. The respondent’s qualifications and ability to deliver required services, and
b. Experience in providing similar services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interpret and enforce the Texas Racing Act and Commission rules and determine all questions, disputes, complaints, or objections relating to racing matters in accordance with applicable laws.
- Issue decisions relating to the conduct of a race or race meeting.
- Review applications for occupational licenses submitted at a racetrack and make decisions regarding the issuance of certain licenses.
- Oversee the conduct of live races and decide the official order of finish, including determining whether a horse should be disqualified.
- Oversee the taking of entries and supervise all scratches.
- Prepare reports of all actions taken and observations made during each day's race program.
- Monitor performance of race officials at each race meeting.
- Serve as field team leaders for TxRC staff assigned to work the race meeting, monitoring performance and providing guidance regarding rule interpretation as necessary.
- Conduct adjudicatory hearings and impose penalties for unethical practices or violations of racing rules, consistent with commission policy and guidelines.
- Serve as primary liaison with racetrack management regarding conduct of live racing, to resolve problems and ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To apply for this position or for more information, please contact Ricky Walker at 512-833-6699 or Ricky.Walker@txrc.texas.gov.