Last updated: March 16, 2015
The Website is operated by the Racing Officials Accreditation Program, Inc. (“ROAP”) (collectively, “We”, “Our” or “Us”). We own the information collected via the Website and we may use it for our own purposes, including marketing.
Table of Contents
2. Information We Collect
3. How We Collect Information
4. How We Use The Information Collected
5. Sharing Your Information
6. Links To Other Websites
8. Data Retention
9. Chat Rooms, Forums and Message Boards
10. Policies Concerning Children
11. Correcting Your Information
12. Your California Privacy Rights
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
Information You Provide Us
In the course of using the Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain information, including contact information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number or fax number; unique identifiers, such as your license number, user ID, or user password; and demographic information, such as your date of birth or age. We may also offer you the option to complete a user profile that is visible to other users of the Website. Your user profile may include: contact information; a profile photo; biographic details that you provide; and links that you provide.
Your first and last names, profile picture, email address, primary phone number, ROAP specific information (education, status, standing, etc.) and work experience are considered “public” on the Website and search engines may index this publicly available information. You may request that your profile be removed from public viewing on the Website. Your profile will still be viewable by ROAP personnel for use with your ROAP records. To request your profile be removed from the Website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or log in to your account to update your preferences.
Website Usage Information
We may receive and store certain types of internet usage information whenever you visit the Website, such as your click-stream data and your IP address. See “IP Addresses and Click Stream Data” section below.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources and add it to your personal information, including but not limited to, through your participation in a ROAP accreditation school, certificate program, continuing education class or other ROAP related forms or events.
3. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We may collect information from you in several different areas on the Website, including but not limited to those described below:
Registration / Account
You may be asked to complete a registration form and update your account information and provide personally identifiable information; you may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to take advantage of all features of the website.
Surveys or Voting
From time-to-time We may request personally identifiable information from you in conjunction with a survey or voting poll. Participation is voluntary, and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information.
Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technology
The Website may use a variety of technical methods for tracking purposes, including Web beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of websites. We also may use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns on the Website, such as the frequency with which Our users visit various parts of the Website. These technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly to Us or to another party authorized by Us to collect information on Our behalf. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is personally identifiable.
IP Addresses and Click-Stream Data
We may collect IP addresses and/or click-stream data. An IP address is a number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider), your company or your university. Standing alone, your IP address is not generally personally identifiable. At times, We also use IP addresses for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to Our advertisers and sponsors, for example regarding the frequency with which Our guests visit various parts of the Website. We may combine this information with personally identifiable information We obtain from you directly on the Website or any other of Our other websites, or from third parties.
Click-stream data is information collected by Our computers when you request pages from the Website. Click-stream data may include such information as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other such non-personal information. When analyzed, this data helps Us analyze how visitors arrive at the Website, what type of content is most popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising, and the like.
4. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We own the information collected on or through the Website. As applicable, the information you provide to Us may be used to:
• contact you about the Website, technical support or inquiries;
• provide you with services or information you have requested;
• prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities and monitor and enforce Our Website Terms and Conditions;
• notify users of Website updates:
• monitor or improve the use of the Website or solicit input and feedback;
• deliver, customize and target the advertising and content you see; and
• send you promotional material or special offers on behalf of Our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties.
5. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
At times, as described below, We may share your personal information with others for various purposes:
• Account: We provide you the option to make your profile public on the ROAP website, in which case your personal information will be displayed on the Website in association with your profile.
• Agents: We employ other businesses and individuals to perform functions on Our behalf. Examples may include Website analysis, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. They may have access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions.
• Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographics and Website usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations. When this type of information is shared, the other parties do not have access to your personally identifiable information.
• Affiliates: We may share your information (including, without limitation, personally identifiable information) with affiliates of ROAP, including accreditation school organizers, Continuing Education class organizers, and certificate program organizers, for purposes of facilitating such programs.
• Business Transfers: In the event that assets or Ours are sold or transferred to another party, or another transaction occurs in which your personally identifiable information is one of the business assets transferred, all personally identifiable information that has been collected and saved may be one of the business assets We transfer. You will be notified of such a transfer in accordance with the “Changes to the Policy” section.
• Administrative or Legal Process: We or others may disclose your personal information to third parties without notice to you in order to comply with applicable law, law enforcement agencies, to protect our or third parties’ rights, or to protect the rights of other users of the Website.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Website incorporates reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information that We may collect and We have put into place reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse and alteration. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required.
8. DATA RETENTION
We store information about site visitors on servers located in the United States, and may also store such information on servers and equipment in other countries. Personal data collected within Switzerland and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of Switzerland and the EEA. The data We hold may also be processed by employees operating outside of Switzerland and the EEA who work for Us, one of our affiliates or one of our vendors. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
9. CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND MESSAGE BOARDS
The Website may make reviews and commenting available to you and other users from time to time. You are required to provide personal information when using these areas, including name, information about your employment and licensing information. The personal information will be publicly available. We cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public in a review or comment. Also, We cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these areas. To request removal of your personal information from any forum, contact Us at email@example.com. In some cases, We may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case We will let you know if We are unable to do so and why.
10. POLICIES CONCERNING CHILDREN
Submission of information to our Website is not intended for children under the age of 18 and We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 18. Children under the age of 18 should not submit any information to the Website at any time. In the event that We learn that We have inadvertently gathered personal information from a child under the age of 18, We will take reasonable measures to promptly erase such information from Our records.
11. CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as your email address or zip code), or if you no longer desire to have access to the Website, We will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal data you have provided to Us. You may request that We do so by emailing Us at firstname.lastname@example.org, signing into your online account and making the desired changes, or via mail to: Racing Officials Accreditation Program, 821 Corporate Dr., Lexington, KY 40503. We will respond to your request within ten business days of receiving your correspondence.
12. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of the Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding Our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to: Racing Officials Accreditation Program, 821 Corporate Dr., Lexington, KY 40503.
Racing Officials Accreditation Program
821 Corporate Dr.
Lexington, KY 40503